Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Follow up Visit

We traveled back to Dallas on March March 7th for Kealy's last follow-up appointment on March 8th before her next surgery.  He said everything was looking good, except he didn't like how the scar looked on her forehead where everything had to be brought together.  Which I feel is the best that could be done under the circumstances.  So on the next surgery he will do a scar correction/reduction in that area and said afterwards you would not hardly be able to notice it at all.  So that's a good thing.  And everything else will proceed as planned.  So her next surgery will be May 30th.  She will have pre-op the day before and then stay one night after surgery to be sure all goes as should until driving back home.  Another 3 days in Dallas.



On the 3/8 trip we stayed at the Residence Inn (Marriott) with a reduced rate, when all was said and done.  There was a problem with our form, but Traci got it straightened out and we got our discount in the end.  THANK YOU TRACI!  Nice place with breakfast provided.  The only thing is I waited a little too long to make our reservations so there wasn't a 2 bed room available so we had to share a bed.  Not comfortable, I like lots of room. :)  But as you can see from the photos it was a nice hotel.

Lastly Kealy was counting the days for the appointment, as she was waiting for Dr. Genecov to give her the go ahead (with my approval) for her to bleach her hair.  And so she did right after we got home.  I think it looks really good on her.  And she loves it.
Thank you to the Church of Christ family in Skiatook for their support, the funds they provided will sponsor most all of this next trip.  We love you guys.  And I didn't wait too long, reservations have been made at the Holiday Inn Express in Allen TX.

And thanks to everyone else that has helped us so far with all the other trips and visits to the doctors, it was a true blessing.  God is good!  And just a side note I did find employment in the middle of February, as the store manager of A Touch of Class Resale Shop in Skiatook, Oklahoma - so if you are ever in the area stop by and see me.  The funds we make at the store in turn help the community with groceries &/or utility bills as needed.

Kealy continues to take Minocycline daily for treatment of the LS.  And will see Dr. Adelson again before the next surgery.  Along with seeing her physician for her pre-surgery check up.

I just ask for your continued prayers for Kealy, she has made great strides this last year.  And prayers for the others affected with Linear Scleroderma en coup de sabre and Parry Romberg Syndrome.  I know several that are really struggling right now and need prayers.
Thank you!

11 comments:

  1. Kealy looks so good, Terry! (beautiful as a blonde, as well!) Glad to know that the surgeries are working! Keeping you all in our prayers! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter has the same issues with linear scheroderma on her forehead. Our family struggles with this everyday. Where did she receive her surgeries. She looks great. We really havent had much luck finding other people to talk with about what our daughter is going though.

      Delete
    2. My daughter has the same issues with linear scheroderma on her forehead. Our family struggles with this everyday. Where did she receive her surgeries. She looks great. We really havent had much luck finding other people to talk with about what our daughter is going though.

      Delete
  2. As another teen girl that has LSCS, I can really relate to Kealy! I have had three of the same type of reconstructive surgeries and I know exactly what she is going through. I wish Kealy all the best in her journey, I know it has been a long one.
    -Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look terrific! I will pray for Kealy and her recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As someone who has Parry Romberg Syndrome, I can say I think it turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you give us an update on Kealy today?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Terry. My name is Amy Reid. Im a 29 year old Australian woman with Scleroderma en coup de sabre. I saw your old blog about your daughter Kealy and I’ve never met anyone with the same condition as me and would love to be linked to your daughter either through email or facebook. It would be fabulous to talk with someone who is just like me. My email address is reidrolfe@hotmail.com and my facebook account is under the email address of amyelizabeth16@hotmail.com . Many thanks, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Terry. My name is Amy Reid. Im a 29 year old Australian woman with Scleroderma en coup de sabre. I saw your old blog about your daughter Kealy and I’ve never met anyone with the same condition as me and would love to be linked to your daughter either through email or facebook. It would be fabulous to talk with someone who is just like me. My email address is reidrolfe@hotmail.com and my facebook account is under the email address of amyelizabeth16@hotmail.com . Many thanks, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Terry. My name is Amy Reid. Im a 29 year old Australian woman with Scleroderma en coup de sabre. I saw your old blog about your daughter Kealy and I’ve never met anyone with the same condition as me and would love to be linked to your daughter either through email or facebook. It would be fabulous to talk with someone who is just like me. My email address is reidrolfe@hotmail.com and my facebook account is under the email address of amyelizabeth16@hotmail.com . Many thanks, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    I am 45 years old female and recently diagnosed wit linear scleroderma. I believe I also have Parrys but the doctors are careful about tht lable right now.
    I am terrified> I noticed on August 2014 that one side of my face was beginign to look smaller than the other and a line on my chin and temple have appeared. As I said I am so scared and I feel so alone. Is Doctor Genecov good? please let me know if you are happy with the results.
    The last picture I saw looks great!! I am happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete